William T. Lavelle Esq.
Mr. LaVelle has been practicing law in the State of New York for more than twenty years. He spent eight years in the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office, Narcotics Division, where he achieved an impressive record of convictions. He subsequently entered into private practice using his knowledge and experience from the District Attorney's Office to successfully defend the accused in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Mr. LaVelle established the Law Offices of William T. LaVelle in 1995. His practice has been concentrated in criminal and traffic law, real property law, ERISA collections, commercial transactions and personal injury.
In 2010, Mr. LaVelle and his long-time associate, Alicia M. Menechino, formed a partnership, LaVelle & Menechino Law Office, LLP, where Mr. LaVelle retains the position of Managing Partner.
Mr. LaVelle is very active in his community. He is currently a member of the Board of Education for the Patchogue-Medford School District and has held that position since 2007.
He also volunteers as a soccer coach and was pivotal in starting a Golf Mentoring program at Patchogue-Medford Youth & Community Services, Inc. He was named Patchogue Medford Youth & Community Services "Man of the Year" in 2006
Mr. LaVelle continues to be an active and vital part of his social and legal community.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal and Traffic Law
- Real Property Law
- ERISA Collections
- Commercial Transactions
- Personal Injury
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctorate - 1989
- State University of New York, Binghamton
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Honors and Awards
- Patchogue Medford Youth & Community Services “Man of the Year”, 2006 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office, Narcotics Division
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of the Board of Education for the Patchogue-Medford School District, 2007 - Present
- Golf Mentoring program at Patchogue-Medford Youth & Community Services, Inc.